Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rear View Mirrors

In the "Whatever I'm Worried About Right Now Probably Won't Be Worth a Shit Before Too Long" category. . . 

When I moved from The Old City to The New City I was all wrapped around the axle about things that aren't even part of my life anymore.  This is why I try to stay away from axles - I always seem to be getting wrapped around them, then I sell my axles and buy something else.  I don't even live in The New City anymore so obviously whatever I was worried about is in my rear view mirror at this point.

Not long after I moved to The New City my friend Willie, after listening to hours of my bitching about how terrible everything was, made a similar big move.  I bet he was glad that he had feigned some interest in what was going on with me and pretended to listen to what I was saying because he spent quite a bit of time bitching to me about how terrible everything was in his life.  I feigned interest and pretended to listen.  Now - isn't it funny - he may be moving again.  The point is that most of the stuff he was upset about is going to be in his rear view mirror.

When I was looking at places to live in Vacation City Willie and I were discussing the relative merits of what I was currently considering.  He was sincerely trying to be helpful, comparing pros and cons, when I interrupted him: "Dude, it really doesn't make much difference because in a few months I'm going to be restless and bored with whatever I decide to do."  We both laughed.  I think we may have even broken off the conversation.  It was so true there was nothing else to be said.

No comments: