Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Whole Lotta Horseface

Compromise:   A settlement in which each side gives up some demands or makes concessions.


SuperK and I have been looking for a more permanent residence since our midnight arrival in The New City.  The New City is a lot more expensive than The Old City.  There are some reasons for that but the problem is that I don't want it to be more expensive.  I want it to be LESS expensive but that's not working out very well for me at the moment.  There are some other compromises that I could consider but I'm not very good at compromising unless the definition of compromise is "to get exactly what I want when I want it" which it clearly is not.  In fact, I believe the real definition makes some reference to "giving up."


Everything always comes back to powerlessness and ceding control.


Anyway, our options were to move further away from the downtown area to where rental properties are less expensive or to move closer to the downtown area and rent something with less space.  Under some duress, we decided to go with the less space option.  The problem with this is that there is going to be a whole lot of SuperK and a whole HELL of a lot of Horseface in one pretty small place.  This is the only drawback, really, so it's the thing I'm going to concentrate on.  I never let a good problem go to waste even if it's only a potential problem.  There isn't anything that I can't work up into a good problem.  I'm quite good at this task.


SuperK and I have been married for a couple of centuries so we've worked out a lot of the niggling issues that sink relationships.  Also, we don't have children.  Couples without children don't have much of a buffer in their relationship so they typically have to make allowances for the other person or sink beneath the waves.  Kids are compelling that way, drawing a lot of attention, which can be a blessing and a curse.  With the emotional stress and physical demands of the move beginning to take their toll we're doing a little sniping at each other.  Not awful sniping but sniping nonetheless.  While this is to be expected it will also bear some watching.  When emotions are closer to the surface a little extra maintenance is a good thing.


Whole lotta Horseface.

No comments: