Thursday, October 28, 2010

Really Good Ideas

I'm constantly amazed at how easily I forget that I don't know what's best for me.  Each morning I get up and figure that today will be the day that everyone will see how brilliant my ideas are.   The main reason that I try to write a little every day is that it's a good way to work out problems that otherwise would get trapped in my head and bounce around in there like a bottle rocket in a steel drum, like the idea that I know what's really going on.   I can't seem to get a grip on the idea that my ideas are not that good.  They seem to be good, when I'm walking around mumbling to myself in public places.

"%$&!! god's plans," I might say.  "My plans are clearly better."
"Mommy, what's the matter with that crazy man?" a little girl will say, as her mother tugs her furiously in the other direction.
"Wait!" I shout after them.  "I have some really good ideas to share with you."

One of the great things about a little sober time is that we start to see that stuff works out for the best, in the long run.

No comments: