Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Today

Boredom: The condition of being bored or uninterested; ennui.

Today I'm going to be bored, bored with everything. Been there, done that, I am so bored. Usually when I'm bored I can transition into a wonderful depression. Boredom and depression are best friends, old buddies, walking hand in hand down the Road of Ennui.

Couple of things. When I'm bored I'm not being very grateful. And I'm sure not thinking of anyone else. I've heard it suggested that maybe I should go do something for someone else instead of sitting around and thinking about myself. I'm loathe to do this because I like to think and I like myself so there's a natural marriage there.

I expect too much out of life. I like to come back to the exhortation in the long form of The Serenity Prayer that we can expect to be reasonably happy. Any more is unrealistic.

i think it's quite a party trick to accept what I have. I'd rather sit around and complain that I don't have what I want.

Which is to be on top of the roller coaster all of the time.

No comments: