Thursday, December 24, 2009

Caffeine!!

Caffeine: The alkaloid present in coffee, tea, and kola; it is a stimulant to the heart and central nervous system.

Today I'm going to drink too much caffeine.

Coffee in my case, although I have a lot of respect for any of the caffeine delivery systems available to the average consumer. Available to the Super Consumer, too, actually, when you think about it. Pop, soda, cola, energy drinks, chocolate bars, anything that provides a jolt rates highly on my scale of Things That Are Important. I'm a little suspicious of tea drinkers, however. I don't trust entire cultures that think tea is better than coffee. That's something that cannot be explained using modern logic.

The fly in the ointment is that I wake up at full boil most days. I don't need any caffeine. I would do better with a drink that sucks the residue of yesterday's caffeine out of my body. That makes more sense than to drink something that gets me jittering and jugging around like a 2 year old on a 3 day sugar binge.

I admit to being attracted to anything that is outside my body that I can put inside my body that makes me feel different. I don't mean better, either, although that is a nice perk. I just want to feel different than how I feel now, even if I feel good now. When that's the case I want to feel better. It's never good enough with me. I'm always seeking for the next feeling. I'm planning several feelings ahead.

No comments: