Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today: A Grouch AND A Brainstorm For Me.

Grouch: A grumbling or sulky mood.
Brainstorm: A series of sudden, violent, cerebral disturbances.

Today I'm going to let my anger run wild. I realize that this hasn't worked out well in the past but I think that I have shown enough emotional growth that I am now at a place where I can handle it. This will be well placed anger, justified, sound and productive for all concerned, especially me. People will come forward to thank me: "That was great, Horseface, thanks. We especially enjoyed all of the expletives and violence and ridiculous lying exaggerations. We are better people for it."

Things might get broken.

The Book suggests that "If we were to live, we had to be free of anger. The grouch and the brainstorm were not for us." Well, not for you, maybe, but perfectly acceptable for me. Actually, I didn't know that "grouch" was in use anymore. It sounds quaint, like Grinch or troll or Shrek. And what is up with "brainstorm" exactly? I thought successful people got together to brainstorm up great ideas. The definition makes it sound like a bad acid trip.



I guess the point is that anger ". . . the dubious luxury of normal men . . ." should best be left for people like me that can handle it. Today I think that I should blow up so that I can stay in good practice. If I don't rage all over the place every now and then I might lose my touch, and then where would we be?

I always feel better when I've just had a good freak out and let my dark emotion loose to roam the streets. I always feel good about myself. I'm sure I've acted appropriately. When I'm finished, lips flecked with spittle, smoke pouring from my ears, my somewhat girlish hands clenched so tightly that my knuckles glow white, I simply feel wonderful.

Everybody is OK when I do this. No regrets, no burned bridges, no hurt feelings.

Things are definitely going to get bent.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Most likely not a real alcoholic
Otherwise you would be dead or drunk
Sounds like a normy to me
We have a seat saved for you
If and when you need it