Sunday, February 17, 2019

This is Seaweed and I'm Listening

Meditate:  To contemplate; to keep the mind fixed on something; to study.
Meditate: (Fellowship Wisdom) - To listen.

Thinking about my friend during my morning Quiet Time.  Here's what came to me as I attempted to meditate and I felt compelled to share this with a few of my closest friends.  I hope it doesn't come across as too self-aware.   I don't really know what I'm doing and I certainly don't think I'm doing it better than you.  I do, nevertheless, find that my meditation practice opens doors that lead to some odd and surprising places.

So I'm in my morning meditation and I keep getting this strong image of Mo.  He's sitting there and he's whole.  His mind is at rest and his body is perfect.  He's breathing very deeply and slowly.  I'm not sure where he is but it's sunny and warm and I see clouds and an indistinct background.  It's quiet.  It's not earth but I don't recognize it.  He's watching all of us with a small smile - a smirk? - on his face, one of those smiles that doesn't show any teeth.  He's engaged with all of us - it's just that we can't see him, that's all.  It's as if he's watching through a one way mirror or has access to a bunch of security cameras..  He's making joyous little quips as if he was right in the midst of us. laughing at his own wit, certain that we'd all find what he was saying funny, too. There's no violence or angst or fear.  He simply is.  In my mind's eye I see him as he was in high school although he has decided not to wear a tie or jacket - khakis, blue dress shirt open at the collar, dress shoes.  He looks very comfortable to me.  It's a good image.  I'm happy about it.  I'm happy it has to come to me like this.  I don't doubt any of it, not for a minute.  I'm sure of it.  I'm sure this is how it is.  For me.  You guys will find your image.  I'm sure of that, too.

No comments: