Saturday, March 18, 2017

More About Me, Or What Did You Expect?

I'm sorry to keep harping on this INTJ thing.  SuperK shrugs and walks away when I bring it up: "You've really got to stop thinking about yourself."  She has not been impressed by my insistence that the whole point of the blog is to write about myself.  Why would I write about someone else unless that person is annoying me in some way?  
I think the whole issue came to the forefront when I was listening to the Bookstore lady, the one who misinterpreted my listening look as deafness.  I am definitely not getting cooler as I age.  Believe it or not self-knowledge can serve a point if one uses the information to change oneself. It's not as helpful if it's used as a defense for bad behavior; as in, "well, that's just the way I am."
I keep going back to the idea that I'm part nature, part nurture, and part the result of conscious decisions that I make each and every day.  If I use this info to become better, that's got to be good.  For example, I now catch myself listening to someone I don't know well with furrowed brow and squinched eyes, leaning in, head cocked, and wonder if I'm coming across as a little too intense.
So I ran across this info . . . 
"The INTJ Stare - also affectionately known as the INTJ Death Stare - is often misinterpreted by others.  The INTJ may be seen glaring in someone’s direction, or off into a random space in the room.  Their expression may be rather intense and even like they are angry about something. They probably have people continuously asking them if they are okay when this stare occurs.  The INTJ is often perplexed when someone asks them this, since they are usually perfectly fine when they are giving this intense expression.  The INTJ often does not realize that their face appears angry or rather intense to others, since this is not from anger.  The INTJ often delivers a very piercing look with their eyes, which can make others feel very uncomfortable.  This is often an expression that feels intense to others, almost void of emotion.  For some INTJs it may appear like a deer in headlights look, while with others it is a rather intense piercing stare."

No comments: