Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I'm Not Kidding!!!

And then to continue beating a very dead horse I'm continually amazed at how my lack of power over my powerlessness leads me back into the rat trap of believing that other people want me to tell them what to do.  NOBODY wants me to tell them want to do, even on the exceedingly rare occasions when someone actually asks for my advice.  When people ask for my advice they're lying - they're actually asking me to validate their behavior so that they can do what they've already planned to do.

And why do I think that I know what's best for anyone else?  I can't find my car keys most of the time.  I'm going to tell you what to do?  I'm going to make better decisions for you than you can make for yourself with favorable outcomes for everyone concerned?  I'm not making this stuff up - I really think this way.  It takes a conscious decision on my part not to go there.  My immediate reaction is to really believe that I can direct the life of another individual.

Does anyone know where my car keys are?

I know all of this not because I'm wise or smart or experienced or insightful but because I have no interest whatsoever in the advice of anyone else!  But I think everyone else wants me to give them advice on how to run their lives!!  

I'm not kidding!!!

No comments: