Monday, September 29, 2014

Stevie Seaweed - Please Get Out of the Way

I need to keep working on the "Being of Service" mindset.  And I need to keep in mind the "It's Only Help If Someone Else Wants It" paradigm.  Just because I'm world-renowned for my Fried Snail Souffle doesn't mean that everyone is going to appreciate it when I swing by with some leftovers.  And, most of all, I must be on guard for "Stevie Seaweed - god help us all - thinks he's in control."

Willie shared a story with me this morning where he got everything lined up just where he wanted everything to be lined up, the result being, of course, that he screwed himself to the wall.

Nothing like a drunk getting what he wants.

The point here, if there is indeed a point - no sure thing -  is that, once again, I swung into action on my parents real estate situation and very nearly took a couple of actions that would have helped precisely no one.  Luckily, I've learned that I'm an idiot with the instincts of a bigger idiot so that most of the time I think about doing something but don't do anything, the result being that everything works out OK.  

I think that I know what's going on for what reason, exactly?  

I may have mentioned getting two people involved with my parents' house - two good and trusted friends of many years standing.  As the situation evolved both of these good men steered me toward the other even though I was sure that each of them would be pissed and defensive about the mere presence of the other.  I am making sure through the whole process I'm being very honest and very open about the whole process.  It's scary, this telling the truth, but it usually works out the best in the long run, no big attraction for a short run kind of guy.  I'd much rather lie to make sure I don't experience any discomfort; ironically, though, when I tell the truth I remember that I don't have to remember what I said, 'cause if I said it then it must be the truth.

I think both of these guys, despite some financial interests, have my and my parents best interests at heart.

Still blows me away when this happens.  It is still counter-intuitive for me.

No comments: