Monday, June 16, 2014

The Mouse Does Not Exist

At our meeting yesterday - a meditation meeting that happened to fall on Father's Day, almost -  the first person who shared brought up the whole Father's Day thing.  I'm not a big fan of this type of personalization of a good Program topic as a general rule, and not because I'm anti-father, but because it was a meditation meeting, not a Father's Day meeting.  I know that sounds crabby but . . . you know there was a "but" coming, didn't you? - I'm not thrilled when we deviate from a general principle into a specific concept.  I think if you talk about kids or work or houses then you risk excluding those of us who don't have one of those things.  I've always been a big fan of taking something specific - like a problem with a father - and trying to apply a principle to it.  If you're mad at your father then acceptance or tolerance or restraint of tongue and pen might work for everyone and if your dad is peachy as hell then perhaps we can talk about gratitude or patience.

That being said I heard some good stuff once I got off my throne and tried to get into the flow of the meeting.  It made me think about my dad and what he did well and it made me ponder the reasons behind the things that he struggled with, at least in my opinion.  It's a tough life out there from time to time and not just for me.

Just about me.  Just about me.  Just about me.

The mouse does not exist.  The mouse does not exist.

No comments: