Thursday, June 12, 2014

Seaweed: Advisor

Advise: To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed; to counsel; to warn.   

Upon reflection I believe that I've uncovered one instance in my life where I was given unsolicited advice that I found so helpful I was compelled to follow it.   This may be a high estimate.

I can probably come up with 4 or 5 instances of receiving actively solicited advice that I've found so helpful that I was compelled to follow it.  Probably not that many but I'm pretty embarrassed about the low total in the unsolicited advice category so I'm going to exaggerate my worth here.  Lie a bit, in other words.

Here's the disconnect: I'm under the illusion that the entire world - my wife, my family, my friends, my work colleagues, the government, the cops, the clerk at the 7 Eleven - is dying to hear my opinions on how they should live, act, function, behave, and throw down.  

"Please, please, Mr. Seaweed, tell us what to do, in minute detail, using an arrogant and disapproving tone," they say.

I really don't have a clue.

No comments: