Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Dynamite Truck Driver Seaweed

Happy-Go-Lucky:  Carefree or untroubled.

An interesting turn of a phrase.  Are we to assume that you have to be lucky to be happy?  That you have to go someplace, get lucky, then you'll be happy?  I like Devil-May-Care, too.  That's more along the lines of "Go screw yourself because I'm going to do whatever I want."  What if the devil does indeed care?  There's an ominous taint to that.

I think I'm a devil-may-care guy.  Happy go lucky- not so much.

I don't get people who are untroubled in their minds.  It makes ABSOLUTELY  no sense to me. I assume that they're lying.  I mean you can't come up with something to worry about?  That's fucked up.  Give me 10 minutes and I guarantee I can infect your untroubled mind with something poisonous.  

The point is that while I'm kinda joking here I realize that I'm a long way from happy-go-lucky.  I don't have the constitutional makeup to breeze through life.  I'm always going to be fighting it, to some degree, swinging back at whoever's swinging at me.  I'm like a dynamite truck driver.  I've learned how to slow down and check my mirrors when I'm backing up but I still have a truck full of dynamite.

No comments: