Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wait:  To be, remain, or delay in expectation or anticipation of; await.

I have been grooving big time on the Crisis List.  I should have done this years ago and not simply told other people to do it and then not do it myself.  I write down the date and then I write down what's bothering me.  Some days I'm clean - nothing to List.  Some days I have quite a List that I have to clean up.  I find that about half the time - and I'm totally making up this percentage - the item listed requires some kind of concrete action on my part and about half the time - this percentage is completely accurate - I have to Wait.

If I wake up and my tooth is killing me then I need to call the dentist.  That's the action that's required on my part.  Of course, I don't have to do this or I can delay the action because I'm afraid.  I do both of these things from time to time.  That's why items keep reappearing on my List.  Frankly, if I don't take the action then it's my own damn fault.  My dudes don't give me much support when I'm not doing something I should do.  That's on me.  "You're bitching about that again?" they say.  "Weren't you supposed to do something about that?"

If I call the dentist and the earliest he can see me is late afternoon, then I have to Wait.  I've taken the action and now I have to be patient.  It's funny how things that require patient waiting often change a lot and often they just self-correct.  That's why I wait, even though I don't want to.  I'm much more into quick, rash action.

Interesting how I came up with the dentist as an example.  That guy hasn't been on the list like 25 times in the last 27 days.

No comments: