Friday, November 16, 2012

Skinny But Tough

Solve:  To find or provide a satisfactory answer or explanation for; make clear; explain.

And there really is something to be said about solving problems, as opposed to avoiding them or masking them or burying them under an avalanche of drugs and alcohol.  I'm not suggesting that problems can't be delayed or sidestepped, only that they have to be dealt with in some fashion other than closing one's eyes and hoping they go away.

There is a sense of satisfaction with actually confronting something and coming up with a solution.  I'm not afraid of the problem anymore; been there, done that.  The older I get the less fearful I get - I've been through a lot of things once or twice and nothing has killed me yet, although a few things have inflicted grievous injury.

I'm skinny but I'm tough.

No comments: