Monday, February 21, 2011

Honest is A Policy

"If honesty is the best policy, what's the second best policy?" I asked SuperK.



"I don't know," she said, barely looking up from her computer, hoping, no doubt, that I would tire of the topic and quickly go away. This is one of the drawbacks of going from a lot of space in a house to much less space; there's less of a buffer zone between large personality alcoholics.
"You know you're going to have to humor me here," I said.
She sighed, and thought for a moment. "Really, I don't know. What do you think it is?"
"I don't think honesty is the best policy so I don't really care what comes after that," I said, quite reasonably. "I think we need to work on the best policy first before getting bogged down in secondary issues."


Also, I hate it when someone says: "She's nice -- you'd like her." Why do they say that to me? I don't like anybody. Why would I like I like this person?


Another day gone by where I've done many things well and a few poorly. I am spending most of my time reliving the failures. It's what I do.

No comments: