Monday, January 18, 2010

I Intuit Disaster

Intuition: The immediate knowing or learning of something without the conscious use of reasoning.

I with that I could see into the future. It would be comforting to me to see how things are going to play out. Of course, if something bad was going to happen it wouldn't be such a great plan. At that point I'd rather stay with the old system. I guess I'm saying pass along the good news but keep me in the dark if I'm going to be facing some bad stuff.

I'm not sure how practical this system would be on a day to day basis. If I couldn't see into the future on any given day then I'd know something unpleasant was going to happen. I would imagine that would dampen my enthusiasm for the day. I'd be wondering if it was going to be bad like a bad piece of fish or bad like getting hit with a truck bad. Then again maybe knowing something bad was going to happen would be better than assuming it was going to happen, which is my current modus operandi.

The Book talks about how we develop an intuitive ability to make the right decisions as long as we have a regular connection with our higher power. I'm not sure how this works, either. I know from my own experience that if I don't careen through the day like an out of control race car that I start to make the right decisions. This is the whole idea behind The Quiet Time. It's my feeble attempt to get my mind . . . well, quiet. This at least gives god a chance to get a word in edgewise.

Like I listen to god anyway.

1 comment:

just mimi said...

Wow, I've thought about this too.
Very insightful.