Saturday, September 26, 2020

Big and Small and Good and Plenty

 Small:  Insignificant.

Big: Of great size; large.

THIS is my specialty: taking little matters and making them large, monstrously large.  My journal review has led me past many, many instances and circumstances and syndromes and other wraiths and phantasms that never came to fruition and - if they did materialize in the flesh - amounted to much less than I imagined.  And the things that were weighty?  They were handled with much more grace and aplomb than I would have imagined.

The conclusion is that I worry too much and to no good purpose.

"They sound like the philosophy of a man who, having a headache, beats himself on the head with a hammer so he can't feel the ache."  P. 23 Big Book

"I just really liked to party.  I liked to have fun."  Me, circa 1988.

"Seaweed, you weren't partying.  You were drinking," Sponsor, circa 1988 plus one minute.

An elephant is a mouse built to an alcoholic's specification.

Are you telling yourself scary stories again?

To Thine Own Self Be True.

No comments: