Thursday, August 27, 2020

LITTLE Stevie Seaweed

Little:  Insignificant, trivial; short in duration; brief.

I'm coming more and more to embrace an almost digital existence.  Ones and Zeros.  Thought may just be mathematics.  Everything may just boil down to mathematical formulas.  Physics is weird shit, man.  

I am losing what is material and becoming pure electricity.  If we're lucky you're going to remembered for 3 generations and that's if you have children.  If you don't then you'll be lucky to have a material presence for 25 years and then you'll be gone, poof, wiped clean of the earth.  I think often of my grandparents but I only met one great grandmother and I know almost nothing of the people who came before them.  And I mean nothing.  I believe this is becoming more common, that the time we're present in the human consciousness is shorter and shorter.  Maybe that's the curse of the high-traffic, high-volume, monstrous data-dump that living a digital existence has become for people growing up in the 21st century.       

Talk about not being that important.  Talk about sobering.  Talk about being little.  Shit, that's my nickname: Little Stevie Seaweed.

I don't want this to sound negative.  I truly believe that I'm important and that I'm making a difference and that I'm loved and appreciated but I also believe that Here Today, Gone Tomorrow is a no bullshit aphorism.  No one is interested in my stuff or my shit or my story.  I try to make a difference today with no illusion that any difference I make is going to hang around for any length of time.  

I can't escape the feeling that this does sound negative.  Actually, I find it very freeing.  It gives me a ton of perspective.  It helps me get right-sized instead of living in this weirdly massive self-important self-image I have in my mind.

No comments: