Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I'm Not The Plan Maker

9/5/07: 
1. My back is not that bad.
2. Be grateful for what you have - make a list.  (Ed. Note: I believe this is called a Gratitude List, the most famous of all A.A. lists.  The entry makes it sound like I just invented it.)
3. Do the best you can and be satisfied with that.
4. Why are you drinking coffee?

10/21/07:
1.  This is what life is.  Get off life's back.
2.  Be in the minute. (Ed. Note:  I believe this is a variation on One Day At A Time, which I did not come up with.) 
3.  Work on the meditation.  (Ed. Note: I believe this is the 11th Step.  I did not come up with this, either.)
4. Quit trying to make life more than it is.  (Ed. Note: I don't know what this means.)

I'm not sure what I learned in the month between these two entries.

Life unfolds so beautifully if I give it a chance which I don't like to do, apparently.  I prefer picking up a sledgehammer and trying to bash it into submission.  I want to mold life into a shape and form of my choosing.  I try to ignore the fact that the I know that the Plan Maker ain't me.  It has been a long and strange journey, but life does make sense from time to time.  A little bit.  Sometimes.  I see that there is some kind of logical plan unfolding.  My goal is to quit fighting it.  I try to find my place in the logical plan.

No comments: