Friday, May 11, 2018

Flight of Fancy Seaweed

Challenge your limits as opposed to living a life that is safe, quiet, and predictable.  I don't even know what that means.  I wish I knew what I was talking about.  Maybe I should think before I write.

I've been musing a bit on a few of the old-timers at my regular meeting although I now understand that the PC variant for a lot of sobriety is long-timers.  I called on a woman the other day with 30+ years, referring to her as an old-timer - as an expression of respect - but it didn't go over that well.  I learned my lesson.  Don't call people old.  Maybe we should call them wise-timers.

How do we look at the very old, anyway?  It's remarkable to me how our culture has evolved from one that respected the village elders, looking to them for guidance and advice, to one of total youth culture worship.  It has been interesting to ponder the fact that the young used to come to the old to mine their experience and knowledge, and now the old are coming to the young for help programming their fucking cell phones and getting their fucking streaming services to work.

If you are looking at your cell phone during a meeting you should be banned for a week.

If you share at a meeting and then leave early you should be prohibited for speaking for a week.

If you arrive late that's OK - just don't share.  If you do share you should banned for 3 days.  If you start your share by saying "I got here late so I didn't catch what the topic was but . . . " then everyone in the meeting can hoot like baboons while you're talking.

If the meeting has a timer and the timer goes off and you keep talking you should have your mouth washed out with the used coffee grounds after the meeting.  No rinsing, either.  First of all, if there's a timer that means the meeting has had trouble with people talking too long.  Second of all, the time allotted for the timer is about twice as long as the time people are listening to what you're saying.  They're irritated at how long you're talking way before the timer goes off.

1 comment:

Feelingblessed93031 said...

I absolutely love the "banned for a week" idea!!! Peace, from Navy Mary (7 am harbor group)