Saturday, August 19, 2017

Seaweed: Life Warrior

I have not surrendered.

I have not turned my life and my will over to the care of my higher power. 

I don't understand what people mean when they tell me to "take it easy."  Take what easy?  Take it where?  What are they talking about?

I regularly put my canoe in the stream and promptly begin paddling against the current.  Why? Because it's where I want to go.  Yes, I know it makes sense to "go with the flow," to not fight the movement of the water, but I can't help it.  I have even been known to take my canoe out of the water and carry it over a mountain, through brambles and sticker bushes, leaping off a cliff to land at the same place that a gentle although longer canoe ride would have provided.

Maybe life is my enemy.  Maybe everything is my enemy.  I'm certainly a fighter.

No comments: