Friday, July 23, 2021

Free and Clear

"One of the finest things about A.A. is the diversity of its membership.  We come from all walks and stations of life.  All types and classes of people are represented in an A.A. group.  Being different from each other in certain ways, we can make a different contribution to the whole.  Some of us are weak in one respect, but strong in another.  A.A. can use the strong points of all its members and can disregard their weaknesses.  A.A. is strong, not only because we all have the same problem, but also because of the diversified talents of its members.  Each can contribute his part."

"I pray that I may not allow those about me to spoil my peace of mind.  I pray that I may keep a deep inner calm throughout the day."

One of my touchstones is to remember that I grow when I hear different opinions.  I get stuck when I only surround myself with people who think the way I do.  This is indeed one of the great strengths of Alcoholics Anonymous.

I enjoy an almost complete peace of mind as I ponder the workings of the world.  I'm free and clear of all my old debts and obligations.  It's as if an onerous car note has been discharged.  Then . . . the Promises come true.  They're a robust group, those Promises.  Worth striving for.  I have to remember that they appear in the literature as we're making our way through our Ninth Step amends.  So much of The Program rests on me looking at me. 

 You must be left alone.  You're fine.

No comments: