Saturday, July 13, 2013

Shoot The Bull

A couple of times during the negotiation process for the new home SuperK and I felt our patience being tested.  It's easy to see bad motives in others where money is involved.  Sometimes the testing was courtesy of our real estate agent.  We get along well with her and definitely believe that she's doing a good job.  Still, neither of us want to pass up an opportunity to be annoyed at another.  Our conversations with this woman have been friendly and positive.  At one point during the back and forth we were a little frustrated at the lack of communication. We waited patiently for a bit - aware that anger fuels idiocy - but when the situation didn't resolve itself on its own time frame without my manipulation and micro-management skills, as highly advanced, wise, and effective as they may be, I made a phone call.  I did wait until my anger had subsided so I wouldn't act like a horse's ass, which is my Facebook picture, if that tells you anything.  I was polite but I was formal; I didn't shoot the breeze, chit-chat, or shoot the shit, which is a terrible idiom for who would actually shoot some feces?  The call ended nicely.

This improved the situation.  No more communication breakdown, communication breakdown,  drive me insaaaaaaaaaane!  I've learned there are different ways to express my dissatisfaction than a profane, purple-faced, vein-throbbing-in-my-temple rage.  This is a business transaction with money involved - MY money - and I expect a certain amount of competence.  I'm happy to forgive the occasional error or oversight as well, as long as they don't come at me too frequently and are eventually corrected.

I'm just a horse's ass shooting the shit.

No comments: