Sunday, April 7, 2024

Think! Think! Think!

There are times when it pays to take a second look - to really pay attention to those things that cross our paths.  We may have already missed a wonderful experience by hasty judgment.  When quick judgments are made from a limited point of view, the good qualities of anything are hidden.  The gifts that we receive from our Higher Power are useless if we are dull of spirit and incapacitated by our own smart minds.  In our "expert" attitudes, we sometimes allow the very things that would make us peaceful and happy pass us by without lifting a hand.

"I'm a guy who is prone to anxiety."  Sincity John-John

I'm too smart for my own good.
I'm not as smart as I think I am.
My own best thinking brought me to the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous, a thoroughly broken man-child.
Nobody is too dumb to recover but there are plenty of people who are too smart - or who think they are.
Think, Think, Think!

"How are things going for you, Seaweed?  What do you have going for you?  Kids and a happy spouse?  A big house and plenty of money in the bank and two cars in the garage?  No legal woes?  Excellent, vibrant health?  A thriving career that brings in lots of cash and the respect of all of your  coworkers and supervisors?  No?  A big whiff?  Maybe you're not a high bottom drunk."  An obnoxious as shit sponsor in Chicago.

I thought because I wasn't homeless or in prison that I was a high-bottom drunk.  Sigh.  Callow youth!

No comments: