Sunday, April 3, 2022

Normal

 Letting go doesn't mean releasing our grip on life and falling into the abyss below.  Letting go is a slow process of easing the grip on some facet of our lives: alcohol, drugs, an obsession, a character defect, or negative feelings toward some asshole who bugs the shit out of us.

I try to follow my conscience slowly, carefully.  I can't resolve that today I'm just going to simply eliminate a character defect or an obsession or a resentment.  I can prepare to let go.  Just slowly let go.  Prepare myself to gently let go.

"We're living through a discontinuity which is a moment where the experience and expertise you've built up over time cease to work.  It is extremely stressful, emotionally, to go through a process of understanding the world as we thought it was, is no longer there.  (No kidding.)  There's real grief and loss.  There's the shock that comes with recognizing that you are unprepared for what has already happened."

The whole premise of trying to make my life "normal" again is a broken premise.  It's a mistake.  It leaves me trapped inhabitants of someone else's broken world.

No comments: