Thursday, November 26, 2020

$10

Suspicious:  The state of imagining or supposing (something) to be true, or to exist, without proof; to distrust or have doubts about. 

SuperK has been listening to a poet on Zoom.  One of his suggestions is to do something that you wouldn't ordinarily do.  Surprise yourself.  She has always been uncomfortable giving money to people who are living on the street, suspicious that they are pretending to live on the street.  She's been tossing out $10 bills lately.  Good for her.  We're all worried about getting screwed by a scam artist - so worried that we forget that nine out of ten times we're helping someone down on their luck.

Good for her.

Would you change who you are?  Who you are right this minute?  I don't think I would.  I think I'm pretty content with who I am.  I'm not suggesting that I don't have any faults or that there is no room for improvement, just that I'm pretty content with the person I am.

That's pretty amazing.


No comments: