Friday, July 20, 2018

I Got Nothin'

Some times I ain't got jack-shit to say, ya feel me?

I made an amend today to a neighbor who had begun to freeze me out.  As a general rule that kind of stuff doesn't bother me.  He's a nice enough guy but not too advanced in his interpersonal skills so if he doesn't want to come over to my porch and bother me when I'm sitting outside reading I somehow will be able to soldier on.  I may have been a little hard on him a while back and I suspected that he may have copped a resentment about it.  Again, fair enough.  I'm way past the everybody has to like me stage of my life.  That being said I don't have carte blanche to be an asshole . . . well, actually I do have carte blanche (literally "free check") to be an asshole but I don't want to make someone feel uncomfortable.

His response to my query was so: "I know you have a short attention span so I'm just giving you your space."

I almost laughed.

SuperK: "Yeah, you have a short attention span with him."

Don't run from fear and anxiety.  It's part of me.  It isn't trying to hurt me.  It simply has a message that it wants me to hear.  One of the hard things is being comfortable with the hard things.

I'm still in flux with LSD boy.  It's something trying to decide whether someone needs a pat on the back or a kick in the ass.  I guess I tend to be a lover rather than a screamer.

No comments: