Thursday, June 7, 2018

One Day At A Time

The longer I'm at this thing, this life, the more I have come to believe that it all boils down to One Day At A Time.  I seek and search and stumble across the reminder that now is all I have. It's everywhere - philosophy, religion, self-help, meditation.  Get yourself into the moment.

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.   Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land.  There is no other land; there is no other life but this.  Henry David Thoreau

I like that the old old people in the book I'm reading right now have all gravitated towards this idea: today is what I have.  No sense messing around in yesterday and even less messing around in tomorrow, a day which may never come.  Don't focus on what you can't do or don't have but on the things that you can control, the things right in front of you.  And don't heap these things with expectations.

Forget yesterday, prepare for tomorrow, live for today, take a nap this afternoon


No comments: