Thursday, September 21, 2017

Thinking . . . Thinking . . . Thinking

Sort of a compilation of what I've been noodling the last month or so, for better or worse. . . . 

I release my anxiety into the universe.
This is my anxiety - it is not the anxiety.  It is part of me.  It has a message that it wants me to hear - it isn't trying to punish me or torment me.  It simply wants to be heard.
I'm not angry at it or afraid of it and I'm not trying to make it go away.  
I can sit quietly with it.

Kenner, mom, dad. . . 
I love them and I miss them and I thank them for all that they did to make me the person that I am today.
I'm not going to forget them but I do want to release them a little bit.
I'm open to grieving or weeping in whatever form that takes.

I ask that the overwhelming focus that I have on my health be removed from me.
I ask that my back continue to heal if it is your will - but what I really ask for is a release from the anxiety.
I've had so little pain in my life.
I would like to concentrate on the 95% of me that feels great, not the 5% that is problematic.

Up the pain threshold.
I've made the decision to lead an active life.

I think the coffee and sugar need to go.  I'd like to recommit to having a nice, healthy focus on my life.

Ah, yes, the Gratitude List . . . 
I'm healthy.
My spouse is healthy.
I have a good marriage.
I have good if distant relationships with my family.
I have so many friends.
I live in a nice house in a great city in the most beautiful state in the US of A.
I have two very, very nice cars - one of them a dream car.
I have money in the bank.

THAT is a lot of good shit right there - why can't I concentrate on that?

No comments: