Sunday, September 17, 2017

Kill The Routine

Routine: A regular set of procedures, often performed mechanically.

Back from Wales where it rains a lot. 

The best thing about travel is that it opens your eyes to new things, makes you - no, forces you - into new experiences.  It's awfully easy for me to get caught up in routines which are so routine I can do them without paying very much attention to what's going on.  This allows my mind - my worst enemy - to cast about restlessly looking for whatever awfulness it can find, and my mind can find a lot of awful.

It was a good trip.  I was glad to get away.  I was forced to make the best of everything - something you'd think I'd want to do most of the time anyway.  There was so much to see and so many places to go that I just simply couldn't waste time worrying about bullshit.

It's good to be home.

No comments: