Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Old Days

Possible:  Used of anything that may exist, occur, be done, etc., depending on circumstances.


Doesn't the world seem full of possibilities a lot of the time?  This is in stark juxtaposition to The Old Days, when the world was full of ominous storm clouds and hidden, lurking danger.  Most days in sobriety I'm sure that it's going to be a good one.  Most days I feel this, I really believe this to be true, and on the days that I don't, I soldier on anyhow because my experience has taught me that it ends up being a good day, my fear and dread notwithstanding.


I always had an excuse in The Old Days.  I would never try anything new.  I was afraid it wouldn't work out or something bad would happen.  I don't think that way anymore.  Bad things don't happen to me all that often and when they do I have the tools to take them on.  I don't want to be frozen with fear, in my Barcalounger, watching The TV.  

No comments: