Thursday, November 1, 2018

HOW

Open-minded:  Willing to consider new and different ideas or opinions.
Stubborn:  Refusing to move or change one's opinion; obstinate; firmly resisting; persistent in doing something.

Inscribed on our anniversary coins are the three legs of recovery: HOW, or Humble - Open-minded - Willing.  My coin should read: ACK, or Arrogant - Close-minded - Krude.  Eh, what can I tell you - I couldn't come up with something appropriate for the last K so I jammed in a word, unwilling to give up the final K.  I could have used Resistant (ACR, which could be a data-processing firm) or Stubborn (ACS - sounds like a disease), maybe Evasive (ACE, a great personal nickname but that's about it).

We talked about how important it is be open-minded about our recovery.  I know from experience that anything that I don't come up with on my own I throw onto the rubbish heap.  

Dude said to me early on: "How's it going for you, Seaweed?"

Not too well.

"Maybe you should try something different."

Much better.

No comments: