Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Just Sayin'

Therapeutic: Having a positive effect on the body or mind.

All has been relatively quiet on The Western Front.  There has indeed been a great, massive release from The Anxiety.  It isn't gone but it has receded into the background to a large extent - no strong panic attacks, more of an irritating but not overwhelming background hum, static, radio chatter kind of stuff.  A couple of friends and My Therapist have remarked on a lightness of being that is wafting off my presence, surrounding my person.

Pain is the touchstone of all spiritual growth.  I don't make any changes unless I'm under duress.  That being said I hope all of this pain that I've had to endure helps me comfort someone else at some point.  When I say "I understand what you're going through" I understand what you're going through because I've gone through it myself.  I get more help from a dude who spent some time living under a bush than some dude who is driving a Very Expensive Car.  The bush dude has endured.  He will abide.

And I know I'm tougher.   I didn't drink and I soldiered on.  I mean what I say when I say that I trust The Process.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: