Monday, December 15, 2014

Seaweed: Trusted Advisor

Advice:  An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed.

So my parents are selling their home.  To be helpful I spoke on their behalf with a real estate agent that I trust very much and also with a guy who buys older homes and fixes them up to resell.  Also a guy that I trust a lot.  I wasn't asked to provide these two excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT options for my parents, either one of which would be an excellent solution to their situation.

Self-satisfied, I sit back and wait.

Somewhere down the road they select their own real estate agent and take it upon themselves to have a little pre-sale work done on the house.  They did not call me.  They did not solicit my advice.  They just went ahead and did it, my sister helping a lot.

I went on-line and saw the house listed for far more money than I think that they're going to get and my initial reaction is this: "I hope they don't get what they're asking."  These are my parents whom I love, mind you, that I apparently hope will experience some kind of financial setback.  Not to mention the fact that if they get more money and don't end up spending it then at least half of it would come my way at some point and what do I care about someone else's business, anyway?  None of this makes the slightest bit of rational sense.

Sure, I've got my ego under control.  Sure, I'm a healthy, healthy, HEALTHY guy

No comments: